These are my grandson’s beloved cookies; he looks for them whenever he’s visiting!
- 1-3/4 cup Nana’s All Natural Granola (your favorite flavor)
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 TB molasses
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sift together in a large mixing bowl flour, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once the butter has melted remove from heat.
- Beat one egg with an egg beater (I just whisk it). Add milk, vegetable oil, the melted butter, and molasses to the egg.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the flour mixture. Stir well.
- Stir in raisins, broken walnuts and Nana’s All Natural Granola.
- Drop the batter, one spoonful at a time onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes until the edges are brown.
- Remove the cookies with a spatula and let cool on wire rack.
Makes about 3 dozen.
*** Also try dried cranberries and or chocolate chips, some dried unsweetened coconut and a little nutmeg or maple syrup instead of molasses.