Everyone loves apples, especially these apples! Easy to make, kids love spreading the topping… and eating it when it’s ready!
- 3 pounds apples, peeled, cored, and sliced-about 7 cups
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup Nana’s All Natural Granola (your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place apples in a 9×13 baking dish. Toss with lemon juice and coconut sugar.
- Rearrange apples pressing down on them so they are even in baking pan.
- In a bowl, prepare the topping by mixing together the flour, coconut sugar and Nana’s Granola. Cut the butter into topping mixture with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles course meal. Mix in nuts.
- Sprinkle topping over the apples, and pat down, making sure apples are covered.
- Bake about 45-50 minutes until apples are bubbling up side of pan and topping is golden brown.
Serve with creme fraiche, ice cream or whipped cream.